- CREATING. Conceiving and developing new artistic ideas and work
- PERFORMING. Realizing artistic ideas and work through interpretation and presentation
- PRESENTING. Interpreting and sharing artistic work
- PRODUCING. Realizing and presenting artistic ideas and work
- RESPONDING. Understanding and evaluating how the arts convey meaning
- CONNECTING. Relating artistic ideas and work with personal meaning and external context
The Power of Performance
Our program nurtures creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking, empowering students to become daring, expressive storytellers. Through theater, and by giving students the tools to perform and entertain, we facilitate an exciting journey of self-expression. The theater program offers an innovative approach to developing performance skills while integrating with other subjects at NEIA.
Theater Arts 1
Explores basic performance skills like voice, movement, timing, etc., and develops skills in improvisation, script analysis, and staging.
Theater Arts 2
Delves deeper into the rich history of theater and its many styles
Theater Arts 3
Focuses on rehearsing and performing a published play.
Theater Arts 4
Challenges students to create their own theatrical work, incorporating all of the abilities they’ve practiced.
"I feel really proud of what we're achieving in the arts department at NEIA... it ties in really nicely with what we're trying to achieve here, in terms of giving students practical skills."