Why Live on Campus at NEIA?
- For any questions regarding residential life here at NEIA, please reach out to Tamara Smith, Director of Residential Life and Theater Arts Teacher, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Being part of the residential community allows students to develop their own sense of independence as they navigate a world away from home. Living on campus fosters deep friendships and connections with teachers and adults in an environment that encourages taking risks, enhancing social and emotional skills, and finding who you are. The opportunity to be immersed in an academic environment that places emphasis on finding passions and purpose creates a sense of adventure. Students that live on campus also have the added benefit of delicious meals, esports and gaming, recreational rooms and gyms, along with beautiful dorm rooms with a private bathroom.
A Typical After Class Schedule
- 4:30 End of the school day
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Dinner
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. Productive hour*
- 7:30-8:30 p.m. Optional Activities
- 10:00 p.m. 7-9th grade Goodnight Check-In
- 11:00 p.m. 10-11th grade Goodnight Check-In
*Productive hour takes place Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. This is an opportunity for students to work on learning extensions, projects, and group work, or receive help from a house parent.
Offerings and Activities
Our goal is to help students get off campus and explore the world in a fun and memorable environment, so we have special activities and trips throughout the week to do so!
- Community days are held throughout the year; each event is led by a group of house parents. The community day curriculum is designed to help foster growth and community amongst the student body. Community days intend to build cohesion amongst students as they work to create relationships with one another, enhance their experiences within school and as they connect to the broader community.
- Though it is important for students to focus on their academics, we also want to give them an opportunity to socialize and have fun when they are done. Therefore, weeknight activities are created with the help of the students to engage while also offering structure. These activities include basketball, gaming, baking, dodgeball, arts and crafts, and more.
- On Friday’s, we transport students to the local Target and Solomon Pond Mall for students to stock up on room necessities, hang out, or see a movie.
- On Saturday’s, we have optional trips into the community, including skating, walking tours of Boston or Worcester, skiing, hiking, six flags, Red Sox games, dining out, and karaoke.
- On Sunday’s, we either engage boarders in a planned, on-campus event or we offer the option to take a small local loop into town for students to explore and relax.
Safety and Supervision
One of the key aspects of our residential life program is the supervision provided by our house parents. Each dorm has a rotation of two house parents who provide safety, support, and mentorship to our students. Communication between students and house parents is facilitated through the Remind app for easy and effective communication.
Parents and students can access an emergency phone line to reach an on-duty house parent during atypical hours.
Our security team, located at the front desk, is also on duty until 11 p.m. Monday- Friday, 8 p.m. on Saturday, and 6p.m. on Sunday.
Our Residence Halls
Live in comfort and style at New England Innovation Academy’s newly renovated residence hall, West House.
West House room are double occupancy and feature private bathrooms, providing students with a comfortable living experience.
Students have 24/7 access to a microwave and air frier in the NEIA kitchen. They are also provided breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday-Sunday.
We offer laundry machines on campus for students to use on laundry days which are usually designated after productive hour and before goodnight check ins. The newly renovated West House is an inviting and comfortable place for students to call home while they study and explore their passions.
"The food here is great. Chef Mike offers a great range of options and caters all his meals to the students and what they like."
“Being part of the residential community has given me motivation to get out of my room on weekends and many school nights. Ranging from beach trips to an unforgettable week night baking experience, I could not be more thankful for the activities the dorm parents at NEIA have planned out for us.”
"Being a resident, NEIA is my home away from home. It's my supporting community that pushes me forward to be my best self."