A one-of-a-kind pre-college program designed to help ambitious high school students explore what it means to be entrepreneurial and prepare for what is next. NEIA Next’s three-week boarding experience delivers the foundation for a successful career. Learn entrepreneurial thinking, problem-solving, and team-building—through classes, workshops, and networking experiences on New England Innovation Academy’s unique campus. The program concludes with Rocket Pitches of innovative business ideas (products, services, solutions) with a clear market in mind. And all students will receive a certificate of completion from the Babson Academy for the Advancement of Global Entrepreneurial Learning. In addition to the entrepreneurial mindset, students will learn about the college application process and experience firsthand what schools are looking for visiting campuses, including MIT, Harvard, Yale, Northeastern, Boston College, and Boston University. Colleges and universities are looking for applicants who have diversified their resumes and actively pursue their interests and passions. Students will learn to pitch ideas confidently, work in teams, digest challenging concepts, and negotiate outcomes amongst a diverse and competitive group of peers. Recognize the power of your potential and gain the confidence to enter college as a top candidate.
Who is the program for: rising grades 10-12 and postgraduate Cost: $9,500 Cost includes tuition, room and board, meals, college visits, and all course materials. Dates: July 23 – August 11, 2023 All students will be boarding for the entire length of the program
- Students will live in the newly renovated residence hall at New England Innovation Academy, a beautiful 26-acre campus just 35 minutes west of Boston.
- Babson College professors teach all daily workshops
- Special Guest Speakers from renowned area colleges
- Classes run 9 a.m.–4 p.m., Monday to Friday, with evening assignments and project work
- Weekend explorations in the Boston area, including college visits
Block 1: The Mindset for Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Thought & Action (ET&A) and the entrepreneurial mindset
- The improvisation mindset
- The global mindset
- Entrepreneurial identity
- Understanding the importance and practice of reflection in the entrepreneurial journey
- Team Design and Launch
Block 2: Opportunity Identification/Idea Generation
- UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
- Finding solutions to the SDGs
- Developing powerful ideas
- Design Thinking
Block 3: Venturing Essentials
- Designing Business Models
- Understanding problems with empathy
- Marketing for entrepreneurs
- Presentation skills and pitching
Block 4: Putting it All Together
- Rocket Pitch events are designed to culminate three weeks of learning.
- Students participate in solution pitching to a panel of judges consisting of real-world practitioners and university professors.
How to Apply
Apply by March 31, 2023, to be eligible for a 10% tuition discount.
- Complete the information form
- Record a 2-3 min video about the real-world impact you want to make
- Write a short essay (250-300 words) about a project you helped to build or launch
Space is limited, so apply early! Apply Now
Would you like to sponsor a student for this program? Contact collaborations@NEIAcademy.org