- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus.
- 5 to 7+ years of marketing, corporate communications, community or PR experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Suite of Products, Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress.
The New England Innovation Academy (NEIA) prepares the next generation of innovators to pursue their dreams and shape a better world. A brand new global school for day and boarding students in grades 6-12, NEIA prepares young innovators with a future-focused curriculum, human-centered design, and real-world inclusion. Students connect Passion to Purpose, bring Ideas to Impact, and graduate prepared for what’s Next. Students create a unique PIN to the change they want to see in a rapidly evolving world.
Diversity is essential to NEIA’s existence as a place of innovation. To innovate, you must feel you belong. As a human-centered design community, we work toward every NEIA innovator feeling a sense of belonging at school. The diverse community and inclusive culture supported by a social justice curriculum empower NEIA innovators to act for equity and not be passive or passersby in the face of inequity. NEIA innovators are empowered by inclusion in a diverse community, which strives for equity by putting relevant social justice programs into action. We value creating the same experience for our staff and invite you to join our community.
The Director of Marketing & Communications is a valuable member of the leadership team tasked with presenting the school to future innovators and key stakeholders. The Director is a strategic, creative, and collaborative partner who will develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications plan. The Director of Marketing & Communications reports to the Head of Enrollment & Marketing.
- Manages public relations and builds relationships to secure earned media mentions by working with key stakeholders and actively coordinates with the Head of School to serve as a spokesperson.
- Works with Head of Enrollment & Marketing to develop content strategy targeted to various stakeholder groups, including students, parents, educators, partners, and the board. Content includes, but is not limited to, articles, case studies, brochures, email, website, and events.
- Works with Head of Enrollment & Marketing to create and implement comprehensive, integrated strategies to drive stakeholder engagement through multi-channel campaigns such as digital, social, print, radio, and outdoor media.
- Engages with cross-functional planning and execution of marketing projects, successfully bringing new programs to market on time, on budget, and on-brand.
- Collaborates with Enrollment and other departments to inspire and engage prospective students and their families as well as donors, and donor prospects across all strategic communications and major events.
- Helps to oversee social media content and execution as requested by the Head of Enrollment & Marketing
- Oversees website content and execution.
- Manages creative services across the organization engaging with various vendors.
- Manages multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously, prioritizing effectively and managing schedule, cost, and technical trade-offs.
- Drives communication throughout the team and organization via reporting and documentation to ensure transparency, progress, and risk.
- Ensures the systems, resources, and processes for achieving communications objectives are in place, understood, and effectively implemented (e.g. email marketing, website, CRM) to meet the school’s goals.
- Ensures the integrity and consistency of NEIA’s editorial and visual brand and design standards.
- Attends school social and promotional events as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required by the position and the school.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE POSSESSES THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
- Superb writing skills
- Able to present technical information and effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Possesses the energy, passion, and enthusiasm to drive continuous improvement.
- Maintains an external focus, understanding customer needs, market trends, and the competitive landscape in the industry.
- Demonstrates clear thinking by simplifying strategy into specific actions with direct accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on the best available information, and communicating priorities clearly & concisely.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize work and maintain a schedule of deliverables.
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate, and implement a strategy to deliver results.
- Be passionately engaged in the life of the school.
- This is a 12-month full-time exempt position with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance (employer/employee share the cost)
- Dental and Vision Insurance (employer pays 100% of the cost)
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Disability Plans (employee-paid)
- 401K Plan
- Generous PTO package that includes 10 paid holidays and additional time-off between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEIA is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other status protected by applicable law. NEIA will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities or pregnancy-related conditions, in accordance with applicable law.