May 22, 2023, 3-6 p.m.
3-4 p.m. Guest Speakers Open to the Community
4-6 p.m. Student Leader Breakout work
New England Innovation Academy, 280 Locke Dr, Marlborough, MA 01752
Gen Z’s Voice on Generative AI in Education – a community forum hosted by The New England Innovation Academy will include a conversation between student leaders from neighboring high schools and expert guests, including Mayor of Marlborough, Arthur G. Vigeant and Kathleen Kennedy, Senior Director, MIT Horizon; Executive Director, MIT Center for Collective Intelligence; Venture Partner, Good Growth Capital.
Who: Student leaders from NEIA and the following neighboring high schools are expected to join the conversation that will help leaders shape the future of education.
- Algonquin Regional High School
- Marlborough High School
- The Fenn School
- The Advanced Math and Science Academy
- Westborough High School
- Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School
- Arthur G. Vigeant, Mayor of Marlborough, MA
- Kathleen Kennedy, Senior Director, MIT Horizon; Executive Director, MIT Center for Collective Intelligence; Venture Partner, Good Growth Capital
Why: The purpose of the forum is to establish 3-5 policy guidelines our education leaders should consider in their conversations surrounding generative AI. The forum will include a discussion from experts and peers to better understand generative AI’s ethical use and potential and the intersection with a Human Centered Design (HCD) approach.