WHEN: April 8, 2021; 7:00 PM
NEIA is thrilled to celebrate National Robotics Week with an inspiring conversation between Alyssa Vallese, former youth robotics competitor and volunteer turned robotics engineer, with two aspiring roboticists and current VEX IQ competitors, Phoebe and Chloe Burke, in 7th and 6th grade respectively.
At NEIA, we encourage students to discover their passion and find purpose by connecting with the community and seeking guidance from those around them. We intend to offer a competitive robotics experience at NEIA and are delighted to help students make connections to expand their understanding of engineering and science careers.
Growing up, Alyssa attended private school and had a passion for dance and theater before getting involved in robotics in high school. Participating in competitive robotics had an immediate impact, engaging her passion for problem-solving and working as part of a team. Alyssa is now a process engineer at Amazon Robotics, a role she took after interning with the company in 2018. Alyssa volunteers and serves as a mentor to many robotics programs, including VEX Robotics competitions.
At this virtual event, Phoebe and Chloe will have an opportunity to interview Alyssa to learn more about her experience as a robotics competitor turned engineer and gain insights to inform their own career aspirations.
Alyssa graduated with a B.S. in Electromechanical Engineering from Wentworth Institute of Technology.
- Experience NEIA’s unique approach to partnerships that expand student understanding and appreciation of a given field, like robotics.
- Learn how Alyssa’s early exposure and interest in robotics informed her career decisions.
- Ask Alyssa questions of your own and join like-minded peers in grades 6-12 at this virtual event.
- Gain insights to NEIA’s project-based learning approach through the Innovation Studio.
- Celebrate National Robotics Week and learn more about programs near you.