- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with Blackbaud, SchoolAdmin, LiFT, and Orah required.
- 1-2 years of administrative, secretarial and/or scheduling experience is helpful.
- CPR Certification preferred.
The New England Innovation Academy (NEIA) is preparing the next generation of innovators to pursue their dreams and shape a better world. A brand-new global school for day and boarding students in grades 6-12, NEIA prepares young innovators with a future-focused curriculum, human-centered design, and real-world inclusion. Students connect Passion to Purpose, bring Ideas to Impact, and graduate prepared for what’s Next. Students create a unique PIN to the change they want to see in a rapidly evolving world.
Diversity is essential to NEIA’s existence as a place of innovation. To innovate, you must feel you belong. As a human-centered design community, we work toward every NEIA innovator feeling a sense of belonging at school. The diverse community and inclusive culture supported by a social justice curriculum empower NEIA innovators to act for equity and not be passive or passersby in the face of inequity. NEIA innovators are empowered by inclusion in a diverse community, which strives for equity by putting into action relevant social justice programs. We value creating the same experience for our staff and invite you to join our community.
New England Innovation Academy seeks a Registrar to maintain student information systems, records, and databases. The position requires excellent communication skills and advanced technical knowledge. The Registrar helps to create processes and protocols consistent with NEIA’s mission and culture. Responsibilities also include general office support and customer service-related tasks such as welcoming students, parents, and visitors. The Registrar shares responsibilities with other Administrative Assistants.
The Registrar currently reports to the Curriculum, Instruction, and Innovation Coordinator and will eventually support the Director of College Counseling.
NEIA employees are expected to embody NEIA’s principles of empathy, equity, personalization, authentic work, and collaboration in all work activities and actions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversees the school’s student information system including data entry, data validation, record keeping, and reporting.
- Provides primary support and training for users of the Blackbaud, the school’s student information system (SIS).
- Performs quality checking on data entry by other school staff.
- Designs and executes queries from the student database to extract information for reporting and analysis.
- Meets school deadlines for processing and reporting student data.
- Assists in building and implementing a year-round master schedule to track student requirements for graduation.
- Works with Information Technology Services to ensure the smooth operation of the school’s databases. Tools include Schooladmin (CRM), Blackbaud (SIS), Lift (LMS) and Orah (student accountability).
- Provides additional support for the school’s administrative team and shares front desk responsibilities as needed. Includes providing coverage, receptionist duties, and/or welcoming students, parents, and visitors to the school.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required by the position and the school.
- Ability to work with professionalism, discretion, sound judgment, equity, honesty, and personal accountability at all times.
- Ability to create a welcoming and supportive community for a diverse student body.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage the time of self and others.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and open to change.
- Demonstrated capacity to adjust to shifting priorities and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience with recordkeeping, tracking and organizing materials; accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exceptional administrative and customer service skills; professional and personable.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Willingness to cross-train in all roles and share responsibilities.
- Uses technology effectively in teaching, learning, and administrative functions. Willingness to stay current in technology skills and to learn emerging technologies as needed.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.