- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Education or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in communications and/or marketing
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong design skills, including experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Blackbaud system, Microsoft Suite of Products, WordPress, MailChimp
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
New England Innovation Academy (NEIA) is the school the world needs next. A new global school for day and boarding students in grades 6-12, NEIA is preparing young innovators with a future-focused curriculum, human-centered design, and real-world inclusion. Students connect Passion to Purpose, bring Ideas to Impact, and graduate Next Generation Innovators who leave NEIA with a unique PIN and become the change they want to see in a rapidly evolving world. Set on a beautiful 26-acre campus in Marlborough, Massachusetts, the school offers a custom curriculum informed by research at MIT’s Integrated Design and Management program. Students engage in relevant, project-based learning that directly supports their academic success. NEIA’s learning experience will encourage students to build empathy, take risks, and engage in hands-on community, environment, and industry projects.
Diversity is essential to NEIA’s existence as a place of innovation. To innovate, you must belong. As a human-centered design community, we work toward every NEIA innovator feeling a sense of belonging at school. We value creating the same experience for our staff and invite you to join our community.
New England Innovation Academy is seeking a highly motivated Communications Manager to join our marketing content team. This individual will manage all internal and external communications and databases for the organization. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, design skills, and experience with Blackbaud content management systems.
- Work with the Head of Enrollment & Marketing to develop and execute communication
strategies for the organization
- Manage the organization’s internal and external communications including content within
the Blackbaud system
- Design and produce various materials, including emails, newsletters, flyers,presentations, and other promotional materials
- Manage and maintain the organization's database and email communications
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to ensure consistent and effective messaging
- Work with senior leadership to publish annual calendar and keep events updated inBlackbaud system
- Collaborate with digital content manager to coordinate efforts around strategic marketing and communications efforts
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and trends
- Plan, create, coordinate, and disseminate communications for NEIA
- Draft, edit, and distribute event notices and external communications to appropriate groups on e-lists, newsletters, where appropriate.
- Gather information and review material necessary for creating and distributing the school’s newsletter, “The Beat,” the Daily Bulletin, and other school-wide events.
- Forward notices and send invitations to appropriate groups and keeps track of attendance.
- Distribute consistent voice and brand for the School.
- Ensure the integrity and consistency of NEIA’s editorial and visual brand and design standards.
- Attends school social and promotional events as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required by the position and the school.
- Superb writing skills.
- Able to present technical information and effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Possesses the energy, passion, and enthusiasm to drive continuous improvement.
- Maintains an external focus, understanding customer needs, market trends, and the competitive landscape in the industry.
- Demonstrates clear thinking by simplifying strategy into specific actions with direct accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on the best available information, and communicating priorities clearly & concisely.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize work and maintain a schedule of deliverables.
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills, ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate, and implement a strategy to deliver results.
- Be passionately engaged in the life of the school.
This is a 12-month full-time exempt position with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance (employer/employee share the cost)
- Dental and Vision Insurance (employer pays 100% of the cost)
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Disability Plans (employee-paid)
- 401K Plan
- Generous PTO package that includes 10 paid holidays and additional time-off between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEIA is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other status protected by applicable law. NEIA will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities or pregnancy-related conditions, in accordance with applicable law.