- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with Blackbaud, SchoolAdmin, and Orah preferred.
- 3-5 years of administrative and/or scheduling experience is helpful.
- CPR Certification is preferred.
New England Innovation Academy (NEIA) is the school the world needs next. A new global school for day and boarding students in grades 6-12, NEIA is preparing young innovators with a future-focused curriculum, human-centered design, and real-world inclusion. Students connect Passion to Purpose, bring Ideas to Impact, and graduate Next Generation Innovators who leave NEIA with a unique PIN and become the change they want to see in a rapidly evolving world. Set on a beautiful 26-acre campus in Marlborough, Massachusetts, the school offers a custom curriculum informed by research at MIT’s Integrated Design and Management program. Students engage in relevant, project-based learning that directly supports their academic success. NEIA’s learning experience will encourage students to build empathy, take risks, and engage in hands-on community, environment, and industry projects.
Diversity is essential to NEIA’s existence as a place of innovation. To innovate, you must belong. As a human-centered design community, we work toward every NEIA innovator feeling a sense of belonging at school. We value creating the same experience for our staff and invite you to join our community.
The Registrar is responsible for managing technology needs that support student records, databases, and staff efficiency. The Registrar works closely with the enrollment team to transition matriculating students and College Counseling to support student records for post-NEIA success. The Registrar also manages scheduling, attendance, the student information system, and will serve as the Primary Designated School Official for SEVIS (once the school is accredited).
Reporting to the Assistant Head of School and working closely with the Head of Teaching & Learning, Director of College Counseling, Head of Student Life, and the Enrollment Team, the Registrar is pivotal to the effective daily operations of the school and will assist with faculty and staff training of the student information system. The position requires excellent communication skills and advanced technical knowledge. The Registrar helps to create processes and protocols consistent with NEIA’s mission and culture. Responsibilities also include general office support and customer service-related tasks such as welcoming students, parents, and visitors.
- Manages the school’s student information system, including data entry, data validation, record keeping, and reporting.
- Provides primary support and training for users of the Blackbaud, the school’s student
information system (SIS).
- Performs quality checking on data entry by other school staff.
- Designs and executes queries from the student database to extract information for reporting and analysis.
- Meets school deadlines for processing and reporting student data.
- Assists in building and implementing a year-round master schedule to track student requirements for graduation.
- Works with Information Technology Services to ensure the smooth operation of the school’s databases. Tools include SchoolAdmin (CRM), Blackbaud (SIS), Otus (LMS), and Orah (student accountability).
- Maintains the institution’s I-17 record with SEVIS and acts as Primary Designated School Official (once the school is accredited).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required by the position and
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE POSSESSES THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to work with professionalism, discretion, sound judgment, equity, honesty, and
personal accountability at all times.
- Ability to create a welcoming and supportive community for a diverse student body.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage the time of self and others.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and open to change.
- Demonstrated capacity to adjust to shifting priorities and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience with recordkeeping, tracking and organizing materials; accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exceptional administrative and customer service skills; professional and personable.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Willingness to cross-train in all roles and share responsibilities.
- Uses technology effectively in teaching, learning, and administrative functions.
- Willingness to stay current in technology skills and to learn emerging technologies as needed.
This is a 12-month full-time exempt position with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance (employer/employee share the cost)
- Dental and Vision Insurance (employer pays 100% of the cost)
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Disability Plans (employee-paid)
- 401K Plan
- Generous PTO package that includes 10 paid holidays and additional time-off between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
NEIA is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other status protected by applicable law. NEIA will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities or pregnancy-related conditions, in accordance with applicable law.