- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in curriculum design, pedagogy, and assessment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering professional learning opportunities for educators.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and project management abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Innovative mindset and a passion for educational excellence.
New England Innovation Academy (NEIA) is seeking a highly qualified and experienced professional to join our team as the Director of Curriculum & Professional Learning. This newly created position will play a critical role in shaping and enhancing the educational experience at NEIA by overseeing curriculum development and implementation and its communication to key stakeholders, while facilitating ongoing professional learning opportunities for the teaching staff.
Curriculum Development, Oversight, and Communication:
- Lead the development, review, and revision of curriculum across all grade levels and subject areas, ensuring alignment with NEIA’s mission, vision, and educational goals. Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and subject matter experts to create a comprehensive and engaging curriculum framework.
- Oversee and organize curriculum plans, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of curriculum implementation. Make adjustments as necessary to optimize student learning outcomes.
- Develop and maintain a Learning Culture & Course Description guide that reflects NEIA’s educational philosophy and curriculum offerings. Effectively communicate the curriculum to key stakeholders, including parents, through webinars, presentations, and other means, fostering a strong partnership between the school and families.
- Take the lead on the Making Learning Visible Project, an initiative to create dynamic exhibits outside of classrooms that showcase student learning at NEIA. Collaborate with teachers, the Lead Integration Designer, and the Director of the Library and Learning Commons to design displays around the school and for the school’s website, capturing the full life cycle of projects and promoting student achievements.
Professional Learning and Development:
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive professional learning plan for teachers, addressing their individual needs and fostering continuous growth. Provide guidance and support to teachers in the implementation of best instructional practices, incorporating research-based strategies and methodologies.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to identify and prioritize professional development opportunities that align with NEIA’s strategic goals. Manage the professional development budget, allocating resources efficiently and maximizing the impact of training programs.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com.
NEIA is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other status protected by applicable law. NEIA will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities or pregnancy-related conditions, in accordance with applicable law.